Module #2 “Communication: Giving and Receiving Feedback”
WHEN: September 20-21, 2013
Friday evening, 7-9:30pm and all day Saturday, 9am-5pm
WHERE: MBCM Office
83 Henderson Hwy. Winnipeg
COST: FREE event. Register by September 13.
To Register, complete the booking form at the bottom of this page.
Saturday lunch, coffee and materials all free of charge.
Participants are responsible for their own Friday night accommodations.
- Understanding the difference between intentions and results and the barriers that keep these from being aligned
- Use of “I” language and interpretation of non-verbals
- Giving and receiving feedback – how to give feedback without escalating conflict – dealing with hot-buttons
- Strategies for dealing with high emotions/difficult behaviours
- Download the Church Unity Project overview document (click here) to see project details.
This project involves equipping peace builders within your congregation. The purpose is to increase the capacity of your church to manage conflict in healthy ways. This is module #2 of a four-part training series.
- Identify and contact the church members you want to send to this equipping event. Pastors/moderators are encouraged to attend with their team where possible.
- Register each participant by completing the online form below.
Building on the strong interest expressed by participants at Module #1 of MBCM’s Church Unity Project in January 2013 entitled “Church Unity: Principles and Processes that build peace”, we are following up with a second module. We will be offering a total of four modules in this project. The intent is to have you bring your teams back for each module. This equipping event is open to any MB Church who wants to participate in the Church Unity Project free of charge!
FREE Registration Deadline: Friday, September 13
Bookings are closed for this event.