Subscribe: Click here and subscribe to receive the Prayer Bulletin via monthly email
Download: Prayer Bulletin May 2013 pdf (right-click and “save as”)
1. Wednesday: Churches in Thompson are joining together to “Love Thompson” in May. Praise God for new opportunities to share God’s love in very practical ways. MB Pastor couple: Ted and Mary Goossen.
2. Thursday: Russ Toews is stepping in as the new pastor of Westwood Community Church. Pray for joy and wisdom for Russ and Sharon in their ministry here.
3. Friday: Leaders of Fourth Avenue Bible Church in Niverville are meeting this weekend to plan for the future. Pray for God’s guidance. Pastor: Abe Klassen. Presenters: Elton DaSilva, Daniel Beutler.
4. Saturday: Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. Psalm 105.
5. Sunday: Elm Creek MB Church is celebrating and commissioning Scott Isaak as their new youth pastor today. Let’s pray God’s joy and blessing on Scott and Julia. Speaker: Keith Poysti.
6. Monday: Simonhouse Bible Camp is looking for counselors, cooks, nurses, and maintenance staff for the summer. Pray for the staff as they prepare for a busy season. Director: Darrell Janzen.
7. Tuesday: Farmers are eager to be out on the fields. Pray for strength to deal with the spring flooding, and that they would be able to get onto their fields soon. Boissevain Pastor: Geoff Unrau.
8. Wednesday: “Living on Mission: Being attentive to the ‘one’ and the ‘many’” is the focus at the Crossroads Church retreat May 10-12. Pray for spiritual and relational growth. Speakers: Lloyd and Carol Letkeman.
9. Thursday: “Forgiven/Forgotten” is the promise of an MCC drama at 188 Princess Street today. Pray that people in the exchange district will know God’s love and forgiveness. Pastors: Dave Ens, Greg Armstrong.
10. Friday: Praise God that new families are coming to the Chinese Church retreat at Red Rock Bible Camp this weekend. Pray for open hearts to hear the gospel and accept Jesus. Pastor couple: Luc and Hoa Tran.
11. Saturday: Sing to the Lord, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts. Psalm 105.
12. Sunday: “Developing a life of prayer” is the focus at Westside Community Church in Morden. Pray for growing, deeper relationships with Jesus. Pastors: Konrad Loewen, Gerald Dyck.
13. Monday: River East MB Church has called Dave Lunn to serve as their new youth and young adults pastor. Pray for Dave as he settles into a new church and community.
14. Tuesday: The love of God is available to every person, including those who want nothing to do with Christians. Pray for each person in the Snow Lake church that the love of God would turn people who are ambivalent into their friends. Leader: Kari.
15. Wednesday: Several MB pastors from Manitoba are at a “Church Multiplication Cadre” in Calgary today to share stories and strategies for reaching their communities with the gospel. Manitoba Conference Director: Elton DaSilva.
16. Thursday: Several couples are participating in the Marriage Alpha course at Portage Avenue Church. Pray that marriages will be strengthened, and people will be drawn to Jesus: Leader: Jeremy Penner.
17. Friday: “Meeting Jesus: Stories from the Gospels” is the focus for the northern churches at Simonhouse Bible Camp this weekend. Pray for joy and courage to follow Jesus. Speakers: Dale and Marge Warkentin.
18. Saturday: Remember the wonders he has done. He is the Lord our God. Psalm 105.
19. Sunday: River East MB Church is celebrating its 50th anniversary with a special worship service and concert today. Praise God for his faithfulness in the past and his blessing for the future. Pastor: Mary Anne Isaak.
20. Monday: Our focus today is on our home church. Let’s pray for our pastor(s) and leaders in ministry.
21. Tuesday: The success of this school year at MBCI is dependent on prayer. We pray for the students and teachers today. Principal: Fred Pauls.
22. Wednesday: After ten years in Altona, Hugh Froese has resigned as Pastor of the South Park MB Church effective June 15. He will begin as Community Life Pastor at Winkler MB Church in August. Pray for Hugh and Yvette as they wrap up ministry in Altona.
23. Thursday: Pray for wisdom and grace for South Park MB Church in Altona as they search for a new pastor. Moderator: Ken.
24. Friday: “Finding the Champion in you” is the focus at the men’s retreat of The Meeting Place. Praise God for new insights and inspiration. Pastor: John Neufeld.
25. Saturday: Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. Psalm 105.
26. Sunday: Many churches in Winnipeg are gathering at the new Investors Group Field stadium today for the “One Heart Celebration” to celebrate one Lord, one church, one harvest.
27. Monday: “God will provide” is the promise for pastors and spouses at their retreat in Gimli this week. May each one feel God’s care and provision. Speaker: Andrew Dyck. Conference Pastor couple: Keith and Heidi Poysti.
28. Tuesday: The Eritrean church continues to grow. They are thankful for a new 12-passenger van to pick up friends for church. Pastor: Habtemicael Beraki.
29. Wednesday: It’s good to see 100 churches join together May 26 – June 9 to “Love Winnipeg” and to take God’s love into their communities in very creative and practical ways.
30. Thursday: Walls of Freedom is having a “Love Winnipeg Carnival” at the Hugh John Macdonald and Sacre Coeur schools on Saturday, June 1. Praise God for fun and meaningful times with families. Pastors: Jim and Jacqie Wiseman.
31. Friday: Believers in La Salle are heading out to Valley View Bible Camp this weekend – a time for fun and growing friendships. Speakers: Dale and Marge Warkentin.