We want to hear from you.
Council of Representatives (CR) is your opportunity to provide feedback and direction to Mennonite Brethren Church of Manitoba. This year the focus is on discipleship through education: attendees will have opportunity to hear from – and give feedback to – our partner MB educators. Representatives from Canadian Mennonite University (CMU), Mennonite Brethren Biblical Seminary (MBBS), Steinbach Bible College (SBC), Mennonite Brethren Collegiate Institute (MBCI) and School of Leadership will be present. We encourage churches to attend as teams: bring your pastoral staff along with your leadership board.
There is no online registration, no forms to complete, simply contact our office at email@example.com or call Carson at 204-654-5771 and let us know how many from your church are planning to attend. Full names and email addresses/phone numbers are preferred. We’ll look after the rest. Lunch and refreshments provided.
The Upper Room at 83 Henderson Hwy
9am: MBCM Leadership development tree model (Elton DaSilva, executive director)
9:15 am: Reporting from CMU, MBCI, SBC, MBBS, and School of Leadership
10:15am: Session 1: How can we become better owners? (Responsibility)
- Rediscovering purpose: Why we choose to invest in the formation of MB schools
- How can we better fund our MB schools moving forward?
- What kind of representation from our schools is most effective in our congregational setting?
11:15am: Session 2: How do we exercise ownership? (Rights)
- What are our expected outcomes on the part of each school?
- In what way do we best communicate our interests and concerns with our schools?
- Where should we receive reporting from our MB schools? What information do we need to receive?)
1:15pm: Session 3: Limitation of ownership
- What are our Concerns for the future of each school?
- Maintaining our relationship with MB schools into the future
- Moving forward (new ideas, recommendations, etc)