Mennonite Brethren Church of Manitoba (MBCM) is seeking a part-time (0.5 EFT) Communications and Administrative Assistant for a one year term. The selected individual will report to the provincial director.
Position Status: Part-time (0.5 EFT) beginning January 7, 2019. Flexible work hours
Duties will include:
- Copywriting for event promotion, MBCM.ca, monthly e-newsletters and other outgoing and internal documents
- Management of MBCM social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Vimeo
- Assistance in event planning
- Office administration tasks such as inputting donations, responding to general e-mail inquiries and coordinating tasks and communications as part of the MBCM team.
Priority consideration will be given to candidates who:
- are committed Christ followers
- have formal experience in applied office skills
- have a general working knowledge of Evernote
- have a proficiency with WordPress (knowledge of HTML coding and development is not required)
- Complete high school education Manitoba standards, required.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Proficiency with computerized systems (Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel) is essential.
- Experience with email and computerized calendars.
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize a large workload and independently complete a variety of secretarial duties.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively contribute to a team environment.
Starting Salary/Rate: $20/hr
If interested, please submit resumes with minimum three (3) references by November 30, 2018 to Gerald Dyck at:
Mennonite Brethren Church of Manitoba
1310 Taylor Avenue