Website Mennonite Brethren Church of Manitoba
We aim to establish a community and culture of churches and ministries that promote healthy disciple-making while faithfully joining Jesus in his mission. Mennonite Brethren Church of Manitoba (MBCM) exists to equip, resource and inspire congregations to reach their full ministry potential. We strive to serve our churches by working together in four main strategic areas: Spiritual Health and Theology, Leadership Development, Missions, and Organizational Health.
Employment Opportunity: Administrative Assistant
Mennonite Brethren Church of Manitoba (MBCM) seeks to hire a 0.6 FTE Administrative Assistant. This is an on-site position with flexibility for occasional hybrid/remote work. MBCM’s office is located at 1310 Taylor Avenue in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Staff in this position must identify with and represent the Christian motivation and mission of MBCM. Ideally, the successful candidate will be a participating member of an MBCM church.
An ideal candidate for this position possesses administrative skills at a highly competent level, pays close attention to detail, and exhibits a proactive approach to managing tasks and deadlines. They will successfully accomplish written and verbal communication and multitask in an office while maintaining a professional and approachable demeanour. The salary for this position will be determined based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
- General office duties touch on all aspects of office operations, including but not limited to:
- General office calendar management, including keeping an annual schedule for events, payments, and connections.
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail, donations and invoice payments
- Communicating with constituents and maintaining MBCM’s digital ecosystem
- Organizing and maintaining MBCM file structure both online and physical.
- Monitoring insurance policies & keeping information up to date.
- Writing report drafts and creating documents, assisting with policy reviews
- Creating and updating resource materials as needed
- Collaboratively planning annual events with specific attention to logistical aspects
- Communicating with venues, speakers, caterers, etc
- Assist in facilitating online gatherings as needed
Communications & Media
- Maintaining the MBCM Website, updating information events pages, creating content as needed
- Creating monthly eNews, which may include a writing component with the opportunity to interview constituents and write stories that will inspire our community
We are accepting and reviewing applications immediately.Please submit your letter of interest and current resume in confidence to the attention of Cam Priebe at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org