Subscribe: Click here and subscribe to receive the Prayer Bulletin via monthly email
Download: Prayer Bulletin Apr 2013 printable pdf (right-click and “save as”)
Pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances.
1 Thess. 5:17-18
1. Monday: Fred Stoesz, inner city missionary and member of Christian Family Centre, passed away of cancer on March 22. Please keep Jolene in your prayers as she grieves the loss of her husband.
2. Tuesday: Westwood Community Church is thankful that Russ Toews has accepted the call to serve as Lead Pastor beginning May 1. Let’s pray for Russ and Sharon as they prepare for this new ministry.
3. Wednesday: We thank God for the faithful ministry of Rick Hill as interim pastor at the Westwood Church during the past three years. Pray for God’s leading for Rick and Luanne as they finish their time at the Westwood Church in May and seek future ministry.
4. Thursday: “Men with a Purpose” in Carman continue to help people in need. Right now they are doing home repairs for a woman who just moved into town. Leader: Dale Warkentin.
5. Friday: Pray for Portage Avenue Church as three congregations (Slavic Evangelical, Heart of Worship International, and Portage Avenue) begin to share one building on Sunday, April 7. Pray for unity and greater impact for God’s kingdom. Pastor: George Toews.
6. Saturday: God alone is our rock and our salvation. We can find our rest and hope in him. Psalm 62.
7. Sunday: Praise God for Scott Isaak who is serving as the new youth pastor in Elm Creek. Pray for Scott and Julie as they get to know youth in this church and community.
8. Monday: Members of the French church are praying that the Lord will help them grow spiritually and numerically. Let’s encourage them with prayer. Pastor couple: Arisnel and Syvelie Mesidor.
9. Tuesday: The North Kildonan MB Church has a significant Germany ministry with visitation, a weekly Bible Study, and a German service. German Pastor couple: Paulhans and Roselly Funk.
10. Wednesday: “Sacred Marriage” is the focus of the Bible Study in Thompson. Pray that couples will grow to love God more and fulfill his purpose for their marriage. Pastor couple: Ted and Mary Goossen.
11. Thursday: GriefShare is a weekly support group at McIvor MB Church for people who are grieving the loss of a loved one. Pray for God’s comfort for each person. Community Care Pastor: Les Riediger.
12. Friday: “Embrace! Seeking Wholeness” is the invitation to physical and spiritual wellness for women at Fort Garry MB Church this weekend. Pray for new insights and inspiration. Speaker: Carolyn.
13. Saturday: God alone is our rock and our fortress. We can seek shelter in his loving care. Psalm 62.
14. Sunday: Salem Community Bible Church is celebrating the ordination of Assistant Pastor Andy Rapko today. Let’s pray God’s rich blessing on Andy and his ministry. Speaker: Elton DaSilva.
15. Monday: Members of Christian Family Centre serve breakfast to 50 kids at the Lord Selkirk and River Elm schools. Pray that the food and friendships will nurture these children. Leader: Eileen.
16. On Tuesdays friends and neighbours gather at the House Blend house for “potluck and prayer”. We thank God for this place of friendship and blessing for poor people. Pastor: Rachel Twigg Boyce.
17. Wednesday: The new leadership board of the MB Church of Manitoba is meeting today. Pray for God’s guidance for the conference and for each church. Moderator: Harold Froese. Director: Elton DaSilva.
18. Thursday: Praise God for Yohannes Engida who serves as lay pastor in the Ethiopian church. Pray for extra strength as he works full-time as a social worker and also pastors this congregation.
19. Friday: SOUL (School of Urban Leadership) is excited to celebrate a graduation at Christian Family Centre today. Let’s pray God’s joy and blessing on the graduates. Director: Arisnel Mesidor.
20. Saturday: God alone is our rock and refuge. We can pour out our hearts and trust in him. Psalm 62.
21. Sunday: Ricardo and Rosa Martinez serve as the Spanish pastor couple at Richmond Park MB Church in Brandon. Pray for strength and wisdom as they reach their own people for Christ.
22. Monday: It’s administrative professionals week. We thank God for the admin assistant in our home church who works faithfully behind the scenes to keep ministries running smoothly.
23. Tuesday: Mike Kehler has resigned as Pastor of Family Life in Steinbach effective April 30. Pray for Mike and Cheryl as they wrap up ministry at church and prepare for a new ministry with Youth for Christ this summer.
24. Wednesday: “Inviting people to stay” is the focus of a resourcing event for pastors today with the Alpha course. Pray that newcomers will feel welcome in our churches. Speaker: Michael.
25. Thursday: The Manitoba Conference is partnering with the C2C network (sea to sea) to plant new churches. The name C2C refers to Psalm 72:8 etched on the Parliament building in Ottawa, “He shall have dominion from sea to sea.” Director: Gord Fleming.
26. Friday: Praise God for willing helpers and faithful leaders in the Snow Lake church. May God bless and encourage them today. Moderator: Kari Pulkkinen.
27. Saturday: God alone is our rock and salvation. He is strong and loving. We give thanks to him. Psalm 62.
28. Sunday: Canadian Mennonite University is celebrating convocation today. Pray for God’s guidance for the graduates as they celebrate and move on to further studies or employment. President: Cheryl Pauls.
29. Monday: There is a continual stream of Eritrean people arriving in Winnipeg to begin a new life here. Pray for Eritrean believers as they help them adjust to a new language, culture, and country. Pastor couple: Habtemicael Beraki & Senait Mehari.
30. Tuesday: Walls of Freedom has a drop-in ministry for people to gather in a quiet place for breakfast and a visit. Praise God for these opportunities to listen and pray with them. Pastors: Jim and Jacqie Wiseman.