Pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances. 1 Thess. 5:17-18
1. Today we thank God for the privilege of living in Canada. Pray for grace, wisdom, and integrity for our leaders and for the people of Canada.
2. The Chinese Church is welcoming children to their VBS program July 2-5 at Fort Garry MB Church. Pray for open hearts to hear and respond to the stories of Jesus. Pastor couple: Luc and Hoa Tran.
3. A team of 16 youth from the Eastview Church are on a mission trip to Thailand August 2-19. Pray for safety, energy, and wisdom to share their testimonies. Pray for effective ministry with Dave & Louise Sinclair-Peters. Youth Pastor couple: Cory & Samantha Bell.
4. Ken Stoesz is beginning as lead pastor at Elmwood MB Church on August 1. Pray for Ken and Shonet as they settle into a new church and community.
5. Let’s pray that our pastors and their families will experience true rest and refreshment this summer.
6. Christian Family Center is offering summer dance classes for youth in the community. Pray for the young people to get to know God better through this outreach. Leader: Eliane. Pastor: Edgar French.
7. 75% of kids at Simonhouse Bible Camp come from unchurched homes. Pray for extra wisdom, compassion, and energy for the counselors. Director: Darrell Janzen. Program: Chris, Cayenne.
8. River East MB Church is reaching their community with a dynamic day camp. Pray for the counselors and kids this summer. Coordinator: Mitchell.
9. Salem Community Bible Church appreciates prayer for a deacon who is receiving treatment for cancer. Pray for God’s care and healing for him and his family. Pastor couple: Arno and Lena Fast.
10. Members of Portage Avenue Church want to be a blessing through the “Drive-Through Prayer”. Each Wednesday at 7:30-8:30 am and 4:30-5:30 pm, they pray for people who stop for prayer. Leaders: Peggy, Ann. Pastor: George Toews.
11. FaithWorks is gathering Thursday evenings during the summer for worship services. We thank God for the ministry of Roger Thiessen and Mary Reimer.
12. The Boissevain MB Church appreciates prayer for farmers in Manitoba who are dealing with overland flooding. May they know God’s faithfulness in all their challenges this summer. Pastor: Geoff Unrau.
13. Eleven people from Thompson Christian Centre are serving at Simonhouse Bible Camp this summer. Praise God for their commitment to camp ministry. Pastor couple: Ted and Mary Goossen.
14. “The Parables of Jesus – lessons for today in story form” is the focus at Westwood Church this summer. Praise God for new insights and inspiration from his Word. Pastor couple: Russ and Sharon Toews.
15. “Inside out and upside down on Main Street – where Jesus makes a difference every day!” is the focus of VBS in Killarney July 15-19. Pray that new kids and families will come to faith. Pastor couple: David and April Gibson.
16. Walls of Freedom is reaching kids and families through their summer programs and by sending kids to camp. Pray that many will get to know and love Jesus. Pastors: Jim and Jacqie Wiseman.
17. Ethiopian people like to gather and visit outdoors during the summer. Pray for good conversations as Ethiopian believers go out to meet new people and share about Jesus. Pastor: Yohannes Engida.
18. Elm Creek MB Church is celebrating the baptism and commitment of new people on August 18. Pray for joy on their journey with God. Pastor: Jason Dyck.
19. Kids in La Salle are excited about the SonWest Round Up VBS August 19-23. Pray that they will learn to trust in God’s plan and power. Pray also for good interaction with families at the BBQ on August 22. Leader: Mary Lou. Pastor: Ray Klassen.
20. The House Blend group has planted a community garden in their yard. It’s great to work side by side with neighbours to grow good food to eat together. Pastor: Rachel Twigg Boyce.
21. Friends Community Church in Carman is thankful that Jedidiah Carpentier is willing to serve as full-time pastor. Let’s pray God’s joy and blessing on Jedidiah and Deanna, and their ministry here.
22. The One88 ministry of the Eastview Church at 188 Princess St. is growing. Pray that Dave Ens and Greg Armstrong will be attentive to God’s gentle voice as he gathers people from many places and backgrounds.
23. The Christian Education team at Crossroads MB Church is planning a late summer event to invite area families to Sunday School. Pray for God’s guidance. Chair: Joanna. Pastor: Marvin Dyck.
24. The youth group of the Eritrean Church is growing. Pray that each young person will grow strong in their faith and love for Jesus. Pastor: Habtemicael Beraki.
25. We thank God for a faithful church family in Selkirk who meet and worship together. May they know God’s love in their personal lives and as a church. Speaker on August 25: Elton DaSilva. Pastor: Scott Koop.
26. Friends and neighbours may be more open to witness in informal summer settings. Pray that we will be faithful in sharing Jesus with them.
27. Pray for special wisdom for believers in Cranberry Portage as they work with Teen Challenge in Denare Beach and provide restorative justice (Biblical anger management) for ex-offenders. Leader: Bob Hay.
28. Praise God for Janessa Giesbrecht who is serving as the new youth pastor at Fort Garry MB Church. We thank God for her love for God and for youth.
29. Pray that the desire of Fourth Avenue Bible Church in Niverville to serve God through relationship building, reaching the community, and sharing the hope of Jesus would continue to grow. Pastor couple: Abe and Kathy Klassen.
30. It is a joy and also a challenge to reach French-speaking people for Jesus. Pray that God will bless and encourage the French church in their witness. Pastor couple: Arisnel and Syvelie Mesidor.
31. Summer in northern communities is always a time when some families leave for employment in other places, and new people come. Pray that newcomers will feel welcome in the MB churches in Flin Flon, Cranberry Portage, Snow Lake, and Thompson.