Download: Prayer bulletin June 2013 (right-click and “save as”)
Pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances. 1 Thess. 5:17-18
1. Saturday: Men and boys from the Crossroads MB Church are out on a camping trip this weekend. Pray for safety, spiritual and relational growth. Leader: John. Pastor: Marvin Dyck.
2. Sunday: Westwood Community Church is celebrating and commissioning Russ Toews as their new pastor today. Let’s pray God’s joy and blessing on Russ and Sharon.
3. Monday: Praise God for several people who were recently baptized and joined the Selkirk Community Church. Pray that they will grow in their love for God. Pastor couple: Scott and Natalie Koop.
4. Tuesday: New MB pastors are gathering for the Pastors Credentialing Orientation June 4-6 at CMU. Pray that all will be inspired and equipped for effective ministry. Canadian Conference Director: Willy Reimer.
5. Wednesday: Pray for a full team of qualified staff (counselors, nurses, cooks) for Simonhouse Bible Camp. Pray also for program directors Chris Klassen and Cayenne Derksen as they prepare for camp.
6. Thursday: One88 (the Eastview campus at 188 Princess St.) is hosting an outdoor BBQ at Ross Ave Park today to share good food and friendship with others. Pastors: Dave Ens, Greg Armstrong.
7. Friday: It’s good to welcome new people to Friends Church in Carman. Jedidiah Carpentier and Dale Warkentin are leading a class “Friends 101” about what the church believes and the Confession of Faith.
8. Saturday: Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. Psalm 105.
9. Sunday: It’s always good to sing praises. Pray that God will call new people with musical gifts to lead worship in the French church. Pastor couple: Arisnel and Syvelie Mesidor.
10. Monday: Curtis Klassen is finishing four good years as youth pastor at Elmwood Church on June 30. We thank God for his great ministry here. Curtis and April are planning to work at an orphanage in Kenya. Pray for God’s guidance and open doors for them.
11. Tuesday: Elmwood MB Church is grateful that Ken Stoesz has accepted the call to serve as lead pastor beginning August 1. Praise God for Ken and Shonet, and for answered prayer.
12. Wednesday: On Wednesdays during the summer Portage Avenue Church invites people to stop in for “Drive Through Prayer”. They want to be a blessing as they pray for others. Pastors: George Toews, Jeremy Penner.
13. Thursday: “Come, grow with us” is the invitation to join a community garden at Jubilee Mennonite Church. Pray for good interaction with new friends and neighbours. Ministry Director: Anna Marie Geddert.
14. Friday: “Understanding Compassion Fatigue: because it’s OK to care for yourself as well” is the focus of a House Blend seminar at 188 Princess St. tomorrow. Pastor: Rachel Twigg Boyce.
15. Saturday: Sing to the Lord, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts. Psalm 105.
16. Sunday: Several churches in Steinbach are gathering for the “Worship in the City” service today. Praise God for this witness and unity. MB Pastor: Walter Fast.
17. Monday: Bob Hay and a Metis couple in Cranberry Portage have Bible studies twice a week with people who have been through the “rough and tumble of life”. Pray for three youth who have experienced God’s healing and accepted Jesus as Saviour.
18. Tuesday: Pastors are meeting at the Eastview Church today to learn more about “creating a culture of prayer”. Pray for wisdom, grace, and power to grow praying churches. Presenter: John Smed.
19. Wednesday: A group of newer MB pastors meet monthly for prayer and networking. They are meeting in Manitou today with Conference Pastor Keith Poysti.
20. Thursday: John Unger is retiring as pastor of Fort Garry MB Church on June 30. We are thankful for his years of good ministry and leadership among us. May God’s joy and blessing rest on John and Merrill.
21. Friday: The Eritrean church is excited about their first ever church retreat this weekend. Pray that God will bless them with wonderful worship, Bible teaching, and fellowship. Pastor: Habtemicael Beraki.
22. Saturday: Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. Psalm 105.
23. Sunday: Winkler MB Church is gathering at the lake at Winkler Bible Camp today to baptize and welcome new people into membership. Pastors: Phillip Vallelly, Dan Doerksen.
24. Monday: It’s good to be part of the family of God. We give thanks for our home church and for our pastor couple(s) today.
25. Tuesday: Since Walls of Freedom moved into the building at 294 Ellen St., attendance at their programs has grown tremendously. Pray for strength for Jim and Jacqie Wiseman as they minister to families in need.
26. Wednesday: It’s a special day for MBCI graduates who are celebrating graduation today. Pray for God’s direction as they make decisions about next year. Principal: Fred Pauls.
27. Thursday: Sometimes it’s a challenge to connect with people in Flin Flon who have different seasonal and shift work schedules in the mine and in tourism flying. Pray for new opportunities to build connections with people. Pastor couple: Randall and Faith Krahn.
28. Friday: Vladimir Moldovanenko has been leading and preaching in the Slavic Evangelical Church for many years. We thank God for the ministry of Vladimir and Olga. May God bless and encourage them today.
29. Saturday: Remember the wonders he has done. He is the Lord our God. Psalm 105.
30. Sunday: It’s a blessing for Ethiopian believers to worship together and to enjoy the life-changing presence of Jesus in their Sunday services. Pastor couple: Yohannes Engida and Mihiret Neway.