Subscribe: Click here and subscribe to receive the Prayer Bulletin via monthly email
Download: Prayer Bulletin Mar 2013 printable pdf (right-click and “save as”)
1. Friday: “The Church and the Gospel” is the focus of the Manitoba MB Assembly at Steinbach MB Church March 1-2. Pray for a deeper appreciation of the Good News of Jesus Christ. Speakers: Bruce Guenther, Victor Neufeld, Brian Cooper. Director: Elton DaSilva.
2. Saturday: “Come, let us go to the house of God. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths.” Micah 4.
3. Sunday: Praise God for new life groups at Selkirk Community Church. Pray that God would use these groups to disciple people in their walk with him. Pastor couple: Scott and Natalie Koop.
4. Monday: Please pray for Fred and Jolene Stoesz, inner city missionaries with Christian Family Center. Fred is suffering from cancer. May they experience God’s love and care during these days.
5. Tuesday: Members of Portage Avenue Church are meeting today for “Conversations about Sharing Jesus” – a time to learn and encourage each other to tell others about Jesus. Pastor: George Toews.
6. Wednesday: About 50 girls enjoy coming to the Girls Adventure Club in Boissevain, many of them from the community. Pray that they will learn to trust Jesus. Leaders: Leona, Laura.
7. Thursday: Most people observe Lent by giving up something to focus on their relationship with God. The House Blend team is observing “40 days of gratitude” by pinpointing things they are grateful for and then thanking God for them. Pastor: Rachel Twigg Boyce.
8. Friday: Pray that God will encourage the youth group in Flin Flon. There are few Christian youth in this town, and they can feel lonely in their faith. Pastor couple: Randall and Faith Krahn.
9. Saturday: “What does the Lord require of you? To act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6.
10. Sunday: It’s always good to sing praises. Pray that God will call new people with musical gifts to lead worship in the French church. Pastor couple: Arisnel and Syvelie Mesidor.
11. Monday: Pray for wisdom for the pastor search committee of the Elmwood MB Church. Pray also for individuals who are considering the positions of lead pastor and youth pastor. Moderator: Mary.
12. Tuesday: “So long, Insecurity” is the promise of the ladies Bible study at Christian Family Center. Pray that each woman will be deeply rooted in God’s love for her (Ps.139). Outreach Pastor: Cynthia Frazer.
13. Wednesday: About 30 teens from the church and community come to the youth group in Manitou. Pray that they will grow in relationship with God and others. Pastor couple: Derek and Lisa Lehman.
14. Thursday: Gerry and Nora Harms have pastored the Justice MB Church for 24 years. We thank God for them and their faithful ministry. Pray for continued joy and wisdom as they serve this small farm community.
15. Friday: “Laugh your way to a better marriage” is the invitation at The Meeting Place tomorrow. Pray for love and laugher to grow between spouses. Pastors: John Neufeld, Kevin O’Coin.
16. Saturday: “Who is a God like you who pardons sin and forgives transgression? You will have compassion on us.” Micah 7.
17. Sunday: “Wisdom will build my house” is the focus in Elm Creek today. Pray for God’s help and wisdom in building strong families. Speaker: Elton DaSilva. Pastor: Jason Dyck.
18. Monday: Pray for God’s guidance and wisdom for Executive Director Claude Pratte as he interacts with the varied ministries of Family Life Network.
19. Tuesday: It’s good to see over 100 people gather for the monthly “Morning Out for Seniors” breakfast at McIvor MB Church for fellowship and reaching out to others. Leader: Harry.
20. Wednesday: Gordon leads a men’s group of the Crossroads MB Church that meets monthly for Bible conversation, accountability, and prayer.
21. Thursday: Please cover music ministries and church choirs in prayer as they prepare to glorify God during this Easter season.
22. Friday: Praise God for new people who are coming to the Ethiopian church on Sundays. Pray for open hearts to receive the Good News of Jesus. Pastor: Yohannes Engida.
23. Saturday: Jesus shows his love to his disciples by washing their feet. We thank him for his love. John 13.
24. Sunday: 300 people are serving with SOAR Heartland in Winnipeg March 21-30 and partnering with inner city ministries to share the love of Jesus. MB Mission leaders: Carol and Lloyd Letkeman, Lisa Derksen, Kara Friesen.
25. Monday: A team from SOAR Heartland is working with Walls of Freedom to reach kids in the core area. Pray for love and compassion as they sing, play, and talk to these kids. Pastors: Jim and Jacqie Wiseman.
26. Tuesday: Many people will visit a church during this Easter season. Let’s pray for our home church, for life-changing encounters with the risen Christ.
27. Wednesday: Praise God for unity as five Chinese churches gather for a joint Good Friday service on March 29. Pray also for the two Easter services of the Chinese MB Church. Pastor: Luc Tran.
28. Thursday: Today Thompson Christian Centre is hosting a Passion Week service with other evangelical churches. Praise God for good relationships with other churches in town. Pastor: Ted Goossen.
29. Good Friday: Eritrean believers are committed to a day of prayer and fasting today, and will celebrate Easter with a special service on Sunday. Pray that they will understand the real meaning of the death and resurrection of Jesus. Pastor: Habtemicael Beraki.
30. Saturday: Jesus shows his love for us by dying for our sins. We reflect on his great sacrifice today and give thanks. John 19.
31. Sunday: The Eastview Church is celebrating Easter with the baptism and commitment of new members today. Praise God for new life in Jesus. Pastors: Delbert Enns, Dave Ens.